TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
SWMissourian

@GrantMO

13 minutes ago, Macmillan said:

@DylanMacmillan: The party of small government and less regulation wants to regulate your body and tell you what you can and cannot do when it comes to your own reproductive system

@DylanMacmillan: Organisations such as Planned Parenthood do a lot of good for our society when it comes to non-abortion related reproductive health as well, GOP would throw all of that away in their #WarOnWomen

@DylanMacmillan: I am 100% pro-choice and as President I will fight for women and their right to control what goes on inside their own body

No, the party of small government wants to prevent unwilling people's funds from funding something they find abhorrent. The party of small government wants to actually perform the government's job and protect life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness from infringement by abortionists.

Organizations such as Planned Parenthood are not the only ones that can provide those services. It does not exist in a vacuum, and other organizations that provide those services can get that funding, instead of it going to an organization that funds your party!

This isn't an issue where you can go,"I think it is morally wrong but who am I to say?" since it directly infringes on the rights of others, rights that they haven't forfeited. Your denial of reality and your hiding behind euphemisms demonstrates your cowardice and your twisted worldview. 

Your use identity politics is shameful. It ill befits a presidential nominee. Shame on you.

It isn't "the right to control what goes on inside their own body." It is about the inherent right to life that you are denying those innocent babies because it is politically convenient or because you have deluded yourself into thinking that the baby isn't its own separate being. By your logic, a woman or man should be able to murder their toddler in their house because they burden them to much, and who are we to judge what they do with their own property?

22 minutes ago, Macmillan said:

@DylanMacmillan: Whilst Mr Grant might want to make this about "identity politics" at the end of the day this is about a woman's right to choose, false equivalences and and faux outrage are just pitiful attempts to deflect attention from the real issue here

@DylanMacmillan: The GOP stood by and watched as President Trump said he grabbed women by the p****, they stood by when rape allegations were levied against their Supreme Court nominee preferring to conduct a secret inquiry that they never published in full and massively restrained, and now when they finally take action it is to deprive women of their right to bodily autonomy

@DylanMacmillan: All the GOP's plan of action will do is force the issue underground, make it prohibitively expensive for most women to get abortions, and make it prohibitively dangerous to get one. (1/2)

@DylanMacmillan: In short they'll make it so that only the rich can have abortions whilst the poor have to carry to term and put more strain on an already stressed adoption service or risk life and limb for a backstreet abortion (2/2)

1) Demonstrate to me how they are false equivalencies.

2) This has nothing to do with Donald Trump.

3) No one should be able to have an abortion, regardless of race or class. If you are so desperate to kill your child that you will risk your life for it, might I suggest you deserve what comes to you.

You didn't actually address any of my arguments. You are talking past me. The funding of abortion by the US is unconstitutional anyway. Read the fifth amendment, Macmillan.

The Democrats are the party of ignoring the Constitution and trampling on the rights of life and self defense. If you want to keep your rights, vote GOP this November.

1 minute ago, Calvin Ward said:

These are two totally different thoughts. 

“We’re not trying to deal with the legality of abortion”

”NOONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE AN ABORTION”

#whichwayisthewindblowing?

5D979A2F-AE3E-4CFE-B591-6621393E616D.png

906332A7-D971-4386-85FC-EF9BC7174827.png

I’ll be slow. The bills proposed don’t deal with the legality of abortion itself. The underlying moral argument is still of note, though. However, the bills that are on the House Floor don’t deal with the legality of abortion. I am making the underlying moral argument, my colleague is defending the bill. 

4 minutes ago, Macmillan said:

@DylanMacmillan: So let's lay this out piece by piece by way of a recap, senatorial candidate Grant thinks that desperate women seeking an abortion deserve to die, that right there in and of itself should say all that it needs to about the GOP and their attitude to women

@DylanMacmillan: At the end of the day here's the crux of the issue, the GOP are continuing their war on women by making it the preserve of the wealthy leaving thousands of poorer women to choose between an unwanted baby or possible death

@DylanMacmillan: The GOP may not be banning abortion, yet, but they will do everything in their power to stop you from getting one if you don't have access to bottomless funds

@DylanMacmillan: Will Vang put forward a position on this disgusting language from @GrantMO and will he be brave enough to actually put forward a pro-woman argument in a GOP obsessed with waging war on them?

You are making the argument that those who seek to murder should be able to do so in the best of comfort, which makes no sense. I don’t want desperate women going to abortion clinics, which is we need to defund Planned Parenthood and direct those funds towards pregnancy crisis centers and other such facilities. 

This has nothing to do with a war on women. This is a fight for the lives of the innocent. There is no mainstream proposal that would prevent women whose lives are indeed at risk from getting an abortion. Those are obviously different circumstances. But those aren’t the circumstances under the vast majority of abortions. Unless you stipulate that convenience abortions are wrong and violate the lives of the babies, then we can’t honestly discuss the fringes. 

3 minutes ago, Calvin Ward said:

We got Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin in the GOP. Jerry tells the jokes. Dean sings the songs and gets the girl. Let’s give them a round of applause

Apparently we have a resident comedian, too. 

Instead of sending hundreds of millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood, we could redirect those funds to crisis pregnancy centers and adoption centers.

Glad you think it’s funny. While I have you. Yes or no question

Do women who have abortions deserve to go to prison?

Glad you asked. The answer? No, abortionists do. They are the ones taking advantage of the woman and murdering the child.

I love the Democrats' hypocrisy:

"You can't outlaw abortion; then only criminals and the rich will be able to get it."

But guns?

"Ban the assault rifles. No one needs military-grade rifles like the AR-15."

See the irony?

Also, just because someone will seek abortion anyway doesn't mean we should facilitate it and make it easier. That's all the more reason to combat it and educate the populace about the procedure AND redirect funds to deserving clinics and adoption centers.

Just so we’re clear

you believe doctors who perform abortions should be in prison? For how long?

Do you know what murder is? Is murder any different when it is committed by a doctor? Should doctors who commit murder be held to a different standard because you actually approve of what they do?

Let me be clear:

No one deserves to die from being desperate and scared. That's why I want the millions given to Planned Parenthood to lobby the Dems to be sent to crisis pregnancy centers, pregnancy clinics, and adoption centers. 

What I meant in my previous Tweet was that we can't control everyone's actions, and we shouldn't shape policy on this topic as if we can. If a woman desperately gets herself and her baby killed, it is a tragedy, but it is one we can instead fix with better education and funds to the aforementioned areas, not one where the government infringes on the right to life for unborn children.

There are exceptions that most except as well, like ones for rape, incest, or life of the mother. Those are reasonable, and I want those exceptions too.

Those who say I want to wage war on women and condemn thousands to death are taking my statements out of context. They are taking them out of context with my character and my words. I don't know whether they do it on purpose or not, but that is what is happening. 

As Senator from the Midwest, I will fight to protect the lives of everyone, including our unborn children. Whether or not you are pro-choice, the issue of Planned Parenthood funding is clear. We can all agree that those against abortion shouldn't be forced to fund it. That's the legislation I proposed along with Representative Fernandez. That is nothing radical.

Just now, Russ said:

I'm sorry @GrantMO. Who voted to allow white supremacists and other extreme-right extremists to run wild, bomb, shoot, and run over Americans? There's a term for those kinds of people.

@GrantMO is #SoftOnTerrorism

I did not vote against your bill, Representative Schultz.