TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Doomhammer

Update - AR Self Selecting

Alright, I will be making an announcement here as well as on the forum.  My main  admin role will be handling the elections.  Currently, the regional elections.  Here is an update:

1. Due to a small mixup, the Affinity Ratings (AR) have not been updated and are definitely not where they should be to give the candidates an accurate stance.  To get the game back on track faster, we are giving each character 100 points for you to distribute among the three demographics:

Conservatives
Moderates
Progressives

You must have a minimum of 5 in each demographic to start.  Your personal ratings will impact the election in a major way.  When you figure out how you feel your characters have been played and how you want your AR to be represented in the data, message me so I can enter it.  Once you set your AR, your PRs, bills, and activity will dictate your AR.

2. I will be releasing polling more frequently.  This is just a generic update.  As a player, I always liked getting more information/awareness.  So you will get that through news stations.

3. All of turn 1 activities have been entered for regional elections.  This includes fundraisers, attribute upgrades, rallies, ads, and polls.  Bruce is working on the next schedule so we can be up and running very soon.

4. We are not going to be making changes to the election process for this round, but there may be unique features coming up.

39 minutes ago, Doomhammer said:

1. Due to a small mixup, the Affinity Ratings (AR) have not been updated and are definitely not where they should be to give the candidates an accurate stance.  To get the game back on track faster, we are giving each character 100 points for you to distribute among the three demographics:

Conservatives
Moderates
Progressives

You must have a minimum of 5 in each demographic to start.  Your personal ratings will impact the election in a major way.  When you figure out how you feel your characters have been played and how you want your AR to be represented in the data, message me so I can enter it.  Once you set your AR, your PRs, bills, and activity will dictate your AR.

What if a player doesn't do this? You're very unlikely to get a response from everyone.

While our regional admins were active the ARs were tracked very well, but outside of the Midwest we've fallen behind. So, instead of asking Doom to go back and regrade everything (which is super time consuming) for all the candidates, this is an alternative. If any player doesn't submit reasonable stats we can still do it, but self reporting does get things caught up quicker. It's not a long term solution but does get us through this election.

Everything posted by the character previously still matters, of course. We're just trying to expedite being able to open the game back up.

14 hours ago, TexAgRepublican said:

What if a player doesn't do this? You're very unlikely to get a response from everyone.

Yes, we will have to make things up for those who do not respond.  My thought process was, as a player, I liked to control my fate.  Instead of me, an admin, deciding how your AR is in the middle of an election cycle, I am giving the players an opportunity to self-rate.  Only way to get the game moving again. 

7 hours ago, Paul Vang said:

So wait anything done up to this point hasn't mattered?

Sadly.... yes.  I just found that out too.  So instead of making them up by myself or another admin, I thought it was only fair to give the power to the players.

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

Also note that this is only necessary for the races in the NE, SE, Plains, and West Coast. The Midwest race and POTUS race are all good.

And This

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this