TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Round 7 Announcements

1. We're archiving the posts from Round 6. They can be found here: http://teddervision.com/forums/forum/460-round-6/
  2. Everyone has had their war room access removed, but you still have access to post in the Cloak Room.
  3. We're discontinuing the use of the Rayburn Offices. They were never really used, probably because they don't actually add anything useful to the game.
  4. Let's plan on the game being opened for VIP members on Sunday and for everyone else on Monday. We'll be officially beginning IC activity on Tuesday with the game date of January 20, 2020 with the inauguration of @Paul Vang as President and the opening of the 117th Congress pending leadership elections in both parties.

Both House and Senate rules have been posted. For all the specifics, read the rules, but here are a few changes worth noting:

• House will operate just as regional legislatures did last round. Each party gets a leader (multi) to sign in. Please have who that will be figured out when you guys elect leadership positions so whoever they are can be ready to go along with everything else. For specifics on the house rules, refer to the house rules posts.
  • Welcoming back committees to the Senate. Foreign Affairs, Domestic Affairs, Government Oversight. Each committee will have 5 members, 3 from the majority and 2 from the minority. All bills are required to pass committee before they can be considered by the full senate, unless a motion to bypass committee has been passed.
  • Also adding President Pro Tempore to the leadership positions. The majority leader will set the dockets, but the PPT will be the presiding officer.
  • Everything else is basically the same, with a few small things updated. Voting records are also still a thing, so make sure you keep them up to date.

My current intention is to roll the UN over into the new round as was, if anyone wants to change or sign out please make yourself known in the UN Forum.

• Like 1

As this round begins in the future, I am going to impose that the last Congress set the debt ceiling at whatever deficit spending they passed in the last budget of the Trump Presidency. 2021 is funded but I have gave the White House a budget for 2022/2023. In this, something on the debt ceiling will need to be passed.

Don't miss Conrad's announcement above regarding the debt ceiling.

Though the game doesn't officially start until Tuesday, everything is open for business except the quests. Those of you with approved characters go ahead and start setting up your press offices, introducing bills, and electing leadership in your war rooms.

Please be aware of the following ruling on parliamentary procedure. The decision was made after all us on the admin team discussed it over and all agreed and made the decision.

Guys, please remember that legislation requires a Plain English Summary, if you haven't already please add one to bills that don't have them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Composition of the house is Democrats with the majority, 220-215.

Here’s the official breakdown: 

For clarification, the entire 2020 POTUS election was considered to have happened IC in our round. Just the POTUS election as it occured in the threads linked below. This also comes with the understanding that some issues may not align perfectly with this round IC, @Doomhammer holds the power to say if something specific can't be used IC this round.

I'll be on a LOA from tomorrow til Saturday. @Conrad is in charge and @Doomhammer is approving new characters. I may be available on my phone, but I definitely won't have computer access.

There are some questions floating around about party bans. Let me address the issue now and put it to bed.

I completely understand the rationale behind party bans, in that if people mess around, then a party of players may see fit to ban them as a punishment for messing around. As an administrator and adjudicator of ensuring a fair game for all players involved, I have to weigh up whether or not they should be a thing in the game. Taking up both sides of the argument, I will say that this is a game where we build, play and ultimately act a character and it doesn't seem right that one would be punished for simply doing what the game encourages you to do. 

Obviously, if we refer to the case of Shiggy, which I recently ruled unable to play in the Republican Party due to an ongoing ban - I was in the Republican Party last reset before becoming a member of the administrative board so I can see why (sorry Shiggy) that it's reasonable. He was often persistently against the party line on multiple issues and even challenged a Republican administration in the Supreme Court. 

A bit about me. When I joined polsimming I quickly became the most hated player on what was then Virtual America which led me to be banned by both the Republican and Democratic Parties until it was ruled that these bans should not carry from reset to reset. When I became Chief Administrator and ultimately owner, I kept this policy as I do not believe that avenues should be shut off to players simply because of "mob rules" by a majority of one party or a clique of players that would otherwise make up a majority of one party. 

I agree that if a player fucks around majorly, they should be banned as a punishment as a deterrence from acting like a moron again. But moving forward, these bans will no longer be able to be carried from round to round, based on actions from a previous reset. I'm not interested in splitting hairs with the Republicans or deciding disciplinary actions within parties, so the current bans on players within parties will expire at the end of this round, whenever that may be. If parties decide to simply make "new bans" at the start of each round, then this will be disallowed based on the player in question never having did anything to warrant such punishment in the current round (in which he/her decides to play).

This will hopefully clear up any concerns that people have with my previous ruling. 

• Like 2

Approval ratings coming later today. Was waiting for enough stuff to happen to factor in more so than just the confirmation hearings.

It's becoming apparent that I just don't have the time that it takes to be Chief Admin and do it successfully. Therefore I've asked @Conrad to fill the role for the rest of the round. I'll still be here if any of you need anything, but I'll be pretty hands off.

Effective immediately, all time rules in the Senate (24 hours in the hopper, time before docket posting etc) is removed. Vote times and debate rules stay in place. Furthermore, the Oversight Committee will be dissolved, its responsibilities will move to the Domestic Committee. Rules will be updated to reflect this.

PRs will move back to being single posts. With directed titles because people preferred that. For archival purposes, a subforum will be made in the PR forum and I'll move those in

Sign in to follow this