TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Calvin Ward

CalvinWard

Watching the actions of some in the Senate is absolutely shameful. We have time to override the individual gun laws of states, but not enough to care for seniors in disaster areas

“The Protecting Seniors During Disasters Act is not immediately necessary for the Kansas recovery efforts.”

We knew some Republicans adopted the policy of Do Nothing, but this is cold, apathetic, and callous

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LMR said:

@RNCChair@SenEddieMorrow represents a state that is overrun by crime and is approaching bankruptcy.  So what does he do?  He goes to Vermont to "help."  That's the solution, make Vermont more like Illinois!    

lucyhide.gif

You have a senator who won’t let us take care of Kansas seniors and your party has no plan to curb gun violence except for “do nothing” 

But this is what you decided to focus on. 

Ok

• Like 1

Rep. Smith “most of these violent crimes are because of mental illness” 

Great. Let’s pass a law where we can have a judge take the guns away from a mentally ill person who’s a danger to himself or others

GOP

E72A71F3-DEEF-44C0-92AB-8DBADBD48948.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Batman said:

Kudos to House Republicans for bringing up the Senior citizens tax elimination act while the PPT tries to punish seniors for reasons unknown 

We’re more than happy to have this bill, why won’t the GOP have ours? #PartisanPolitics

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SWMissourian said:

Both Dems on the #GovernmentOversight Committee voted against free speech. This shouldn’t be a partisan issue. We all want free speech. 

I think school organizations and schools should be able to invite anyone. I also think private schools should be held to the same standards.

6 minutes ago, Shiggy said:

I will donate $1,000,000 to Ward's @Calvin Ward campaign if he can came ONE school shooter who got his  gun legally at a shop that would not have passed a background check. Name just one. Every shooter either did not buy his gun legally or DID buy them legally and PASSED every background check.  #livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

While not a SCHOOL shooting, Dylan Roof passed a check because the back ground check failed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2015/07/11/us/background-check-flaw-let-dylann-roof-buy-gun-fbi-says.amp.html

Just now, SWMissourian said:

A) That’s no reason to not vote for it. 

B) It is up to private schools on what policies they implement. It matters when government schools infringe on rights government is supposed to protect. 

So Liberty, a private school know for its conservative ties, should be allowed to receive federal funding through loans yet limit their speakers. No liberals allowe at Liberty? 

The American people are ready for a hand up.

Dont forget, this is what was said about four years ago, when we ran the deficit up. 

Lets not call this Raeganomics. It’s cut and run economics. Cut taxes -> run up the deficit. Then the justification is to cut education, safety net programs, health, environmental regulation and protection because “spending is out of control”

I sponsored a bill that would but tariff power into Congress’ hands. No President, regardless of party, should make unfettered tariff decisions that impact all Americans. 

Im urging the Senate to take our oversight power back and pass this simple legislation

I’m calling on Senators across the chamber to bring the Nimpah Response Act to the floor. We’ve acted quickly  and together on tornado relief, now we need to do the same to combat a terrible disease. Let’s get this done! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Recks said:

@GrahamChambers: I support debating a Congressional response to the #NipahCrisis in Mississippi. Whether taking funds from FEMA is appropriate or not should be decided by the Senate in a full-fledged debate.

I just wanted to use leftover relief money, but I’m not married to it. The important thing is that Congress does its part. Glad to see you work across the aisle sir!

7 hours ago, SWMissourian said:

Then why did we need the Kansas Package? Doesn’t FEMA cover that? We were glad to come to the aid of Kansans in their time of need. But here we are petty politics

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWMissourian said:

Senate Dems continue to obstruct #CollegeFreeSpeech on the Senate Floor! Perhaps it is because they fear that their ideas can't hold up against reasoned debate? #CCFSPA #StudentsDeserveFreeSpeechToo

Wants debate sometimes, other times not. The gentleman talks out of both sides of his mouth

It should say something that on the heels of a young unarmed black boy getting shot  by police, that the GOP oppose making sure every officer has a functional body camera

• Like 2