TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
anatoly

@SenEddieMorrow

Read my letter to Jack Swanner, Army veteran, fmr NatSec Advisor, and President Vang’s Secretary of State-nominee #adviceandconsent

I introduced a resolution that encourages the US Intel Community and State Dept to seek Erik Prince’s immediate release from Chinese detention. No American vet should be neglected by the Nation they so honorably fought to protect. #BringErikHome

The Hon. Jeff Sessions held his juris doctorate for 44 years before becoming Attorney General of the United States under President Trump (1/5)

The Hon. Eric Holder, before her, practiced law for 33 years before becoming the top law enforcement officer of the U.S. (3/5)

...But Sen. Fitzgerald had me silenced during Mr. Kadar’s hearing today because apparently, Kadar’s 7 years of legal experience is none of the Senate’s business (4/5)

If I couldn’t prove my competence to the people of Illinois, they wouldn’t have chosen me to be their Senator. If Mr. Kadar can’t prove his competence to the Senate, he has no business being America’s Attorney. (5/5)

Sadly I cannot support the confirmation of the President’s highly-unprepared and less-than-qualified Attorney General nominee. 

22 minutes ago, LMR said:

@ILoveSenLucy:  to be honest, I do not entirely agree with Jace Kadar's views on asset forfeiture, the war on drugs, and mandatory minimums.  However, notwithstanding the clown car tactics of Senate Democrats, he is clearly qualified and knows the law very well.  And, the President is entitled to have a cabinet of his choice barring some really glaring fault. 

No, Senator. The President is tasked with nominating his Cabinet, but the Senate provides advice and consent. (1/2)

It seems the President doesn’t just direct his executive branch anymore, but also some Republicans in Congress. #shame #separationofpowers (2/2)

My colleague Sen. MacGillicuddy-Ricardo, gave an impassioned speech today regarding the heinous practice of extra-judicial killing by our government. (1/2)

I thank the Senator for her leadership on this issue, and hope the Senate can pass her Bill to prohibit these unconstitutional practices (2/2)

Young people have significant perspectives that are profoundly valuable to local, state, and federal policy-makers and officials. That’s why I’m proud to have introduced a Joint Resolution supporting the establishment of a Presidential Youth Council. (1/2)

I hope that this Resolution be passed by the House & Senate, and promptly slid into the President’s “DMs”, as the kids say. (2/2)

12 minutes ago, Calvin Ward said:

“[M]y party believes that common sense reform will make a difference. We believe that our citizens second amendment rights must be respected, until you are a danger to yourself or others. We should make sure that those who should have guns can and those that shouldn’t don’t.”

Proud to have had the strong, well prepared representation of DNC Chair, Senator Ward, at CNN’s recent issue debate on gun control. Check it out here

Edited by anatoly
  • Like 1

Sometimes the best way to solve important issues is to sit down and think about problems, not bypass thought and consideration.

Today I introduced the Opioid Addiction Action Plan Act to direct HHS to recommend ways the U.S. can finally end opioid abuse by reforming our Medicare/Medicaid programs.

1 minute ago, SWMissourian said:

Mr. Chairman,

The Protecting Seniors During Disasters Act is not immediately necessary for the Kansas recovery efforts. 

I yield. 

Senator Madison thinks Congress should wait until the next tornado to begin disaster preparedness for seniors. #SeniorsDeserveBetter

1 minute ago, SWMissourian said:

Wrong. I think it is wrong to push this legislation under the premise that it is immediately necessary to establish a council on senior safety. I have no problem with going through the normal procedure to pass this bill so that we can keep our seniors safe. 

The Senator supports expediting complex regulatory reform but freezes simple senior disaster preparedness. #SeniorsDeserveRespect