TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
anatoly

@SenEddieMorrow

The RNC has mocked my home state of Illinois and insulted the people of Vermont by politicizing the tragedy of violent crime. (1/2)

I hope that, rather than demeaning communities for not being safe enough, they work with me to improve community policing in places across the country that are suffering due to violence and murder. (2/2)

Edited by anatoly
  • Like 1

Preparing seniors for the next natural disaster is not a valueless endeavor.. It’s not a political debate. It’s not a game to see who can get more points. It could be the difference between life and death. (1/3)

The DEBRIS Act and Protecting Seniors During Disasters Act were introduced prior to the introduction of the Tornado Relief Act. All are helpful, all are necessary, all are understood. So why do the “Democrat bills” = bad? #ToxicPolarization (2/3)

And Lucille, the Senate did form a committee following Pearl Harbor, as well as prepared for future devastation. What they didn’t do was fight over which political party got the most points for helping. (3/3)

Edited by anatoly
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, LMR said:

@RNChair:  Oh. @SenatorEddieMorrow tries so hard, but never quite hits the target.  The Pearl Harbor Committee he references was voted into existence in September, 1945 ... nearly four years after Pearl Harbor.   What is @SenatorEddieMorrow thinking?  

giphy.gif

The point is committees aren’t anti-progress. Mocking potential progress—and mocking victims—to try to earn political points...that’s anti-progress. #BlessYourHeart

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dogslife said:

Even after the opinion by the parliamentarian saying Chairman Crawford should allow a vote on the motion to Suspend the Rules, he still refuses to even recognize my seconded motion. This is just a disgrace at this point.

RT.  Very poor precedent, very negligent “leadership.” Mr. Crawford should step down if he can’t accountably conduct his duties as Chairman and adhere to the Rules of the Senate. #PleaseDoYourJob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWMissourian said:

It’s sad the Democrats are obstructing Free Speech in the Senate. They want to defang my College Campus Free Speech Protection Act, but I will fight to protect the rights of all of our students! #FreeSpeech #CollegeSpeech 

The provisions of Senator Madison’s bill which I moved to strike apply to guest speakers—not college students. (1/3)

Public funds that go towards colleges are to promote students’ education and opportunity; not the opportunity of guests whom students, perhaps, don’t want ruining the culture of their academic, social, and professional atmosphere (2/3)

Should the Senate approve my amendment, I will be proud to vote for the amended Bill—which would still contain provisions prohibiting discrimination against certain ideologies and the creation of unreasonably small free-speech zones—and encourage my colleagues to do the same (3/3)

Edited by anatoly

PPT Madison has restricted a United States Senator from speaking in the Senste Chamber during a debate about free speech... (1/2)

I applaud him for understanding that moderate censorship is sometimes necessary to maintain order and the collective good; and hopes he doesn’t change his values when it comes time to vote on the CCFSP Act. (2/2)

Tomorrow I’ll be having a townhall in Springfield to discuss community policing, criminal justice, and juvenile justice reform. (1/2)

I invite any of my GOP colleagues (Senate/House) to join me and see that Illinois isn’t just “overrun by crime and approaching bankruptcy,” but a growing and improving State. (2/2)