TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
SWMissourian

Hearing: Dean Heller for Secretary of the Interior

46 minutes ago, Dogslife said:

Mr. Heller,

Just to clarify, you would use imminent domain for the Dakota Access Pipeline?

I can't use eminent domain for the role in which I have been nominated for, Senator. That is a question which should be directed at the Secretary of Energy.

4 hours ago, Conrad said:

As I said, I think we should take all potential steps to reduce the possibility of spills. 

Mr.Heller,

Do you believe that the environmental risk created by oil spills is outweighed by the potential reward?

12 minutes ago, Batman said:

Mr.Heller,

Do you believe that the environmental risk created by oil spills is outweighed by the potential reward?

As I said, we can take steps to reduce oil spills but to say that we ought to cancel a pipeline which enhances energy independence because of it is worrying. Yeah we had some bad oil spills in the gulf but have we suddenly stopped drilling for oil there? No we haven't. 

Moving on Mr.Heller,

What will you do in regards to helping Native Americans get better schools and higher paying jobs on reservations?

23 minutes ago, Batman said:

Moving on Mr.Heller,

What will you do in regards to helping Native Americans get better schools and higher paying jobs on reservations?

Well Senator, from a brief scan of the BIA programs, I don't think education is there and it would be up to the Congress to pass policy to that effect. However, Native Americans should be treated no differently from any other kid in the country when it comes to access to a good education, if that answers your question Senator.