TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
anatoly

Senator Morrow (D-IL) Meets with Vermont Police, Press

Conrad

You did not meet with Vermont State Police. You are more than welcome to have went there and held a press conference and speech, but in the future please seek approval from an admin if you wish to have meetings with NPCs. You can see why this is necessary. @anatoly

Message added by Conrad

Senator Eddie Morrow (D-Illinois) met with Vermont State Police and Department of Public Safety officials to discuss ways the federal government can help improve community policing and civilian/officer safety.

Following which, questions were welcomed from concerned Vermonters, public safety officers, and members of the press.

55 minutes ago, Rangerboy said:

A Vermont citizen, with a confused look on his face

"May I ask who are you and why are you here?"

*Chuckles* That’s a very good question. I’m Eddie, a Senator from Illinois.

Illinois was ranked the 25th safest state in the U.S. in 2018 — Vermont was 2nd. In wake of recent tragedy in this beautiful and historically-safe state, I asked myself “how can our government support communities in reducing violent crimes?” Not just in Vermont, or Illinois, but in communities across the country.

I think the best answers to solving community problems are found in those communities, not at a desk in the Hart Office Building. I’m thankful for the opportunity to learn concerns and issues of public safety here in Vermont. My deepest condolences go out to families and communities affected by ongoing violence.

1 minute ago, anatoly said:

*Chuckles* That’s a very good question. I’m Eddie, a Senator from Illinois.

Illinois was ranked the 25th safest state in the U.S. in 2018 — Vermont was 2nd. In wake of recent tragedy in this beautiful and historically-safe state, I asked myself “how can our government support communities in reducing violent crimes?” Not just in Vermont, or Illinois, but in communities across the country.

I think the best answers to solving community problems are found in those communities, not at a desk in the Hart Office Building. I’m thankful for the opportunity to learn concerns and issues of public safety here in Vermont. My deepest condolences go out to families and communities affected by ongoing violence.

Same Guy

Ok... but... you're state has the arguably the most dangerous city in the nation. Why didn't you meet with the Chicago Police Department, Chicago leadership, and press in Chicago, you're home state might I add, instead? I don't see why you are here and the two senators we elected are not.

2 minutes ago, Rangerboy said:

Same Guy

Ok... but... you're state has the arguably the most dangerous city in the nation. Why didn't you meet with the Chicago Police Department, Chicago leadership, and press in Chicago, you're home state might I add, instead? I don't see why you are here and the two senators we elected are not.

Chicago’s crime rate steadily declined between 2017-2019; however, circumstances in Chicago can’t be the basis for solutions in Vermont — and Vermont deserves solutions. I was elected by Illinois, but I’m glad to serve my entire country.

9 minutes ago, Rangerboy said:

I don't see why you are here and the two senators we elected are not.

Sir, I can’t speak for your senators, I’m sorry.