TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Shiggy

@Pennypacker

I am already pretty tired of partisanship from both sides. I was elected to congress because I was not beholden to one party ideology. #manofthepeople #realgoalsforAmerica

on the one hand you have the NRA who believe having gun laws should be illegal,

I am pretty sure you have that backwards.......and even so....that is a very broad and misleading caricature of the gun debate. I would love to do a town hall with you and talk about this issue. @Batman @majordouglasgrant

Edited by Shiggy

One of the first bills on the docket which passed with a couple Republicans in favor of it was a bill which would create a gun registry for handguns 

Unconstitutional. #FourthAmendment 

Edited by Shiggy

thanks to the in depth background check and qualifications

I would ask @Batman which school shooter would have been flagged by more background checks? Would that be the teenagers who could not legally buy guns anyway because they were under 18 , the adult man who stole some else's gun from a locked safe, the one that already had a weapon legally only to later be flagged several times, but was ignored by police, or the one that legally bought several guns after successfully passing multiple background checks? 

I will give you 1 million dollars if you can name one school shooter who would have been stopped by more background checks. 

Edited by Shiggy

We will also be submitting a bill to ensure all guns are locked up in safes so that children or robbers can't easily get a hold of these weapons. 

I agree there. Gun owners should be responsible and lock up their weapons.......and most do because they are responsible gun owners. Therefore suddenly changing to talk about locking up guns when this is not how most mass shooters gets their guns is nothing more than a dishonest and deceptive political slight of hand in order to distract from the other blatant misrepresentations about guns not to mention the unconstitutionality of his proposals. 

Edited by Shiggy

Just now, SWMissourian said:

Both Dems on the #GovernmentOversight Committee voted against free speech. This shouldn’t be a partisan issue. We all want free speech. 

@SWMissourian  I agree. I am equally as shocked and appalled by the democratic party becoming the party of no free speech. What happened to liberalism?

12 hours ago, Sovereign said:

Nicholas Rhodes
@SenRhodes

Crazy Hubert Pennypacker rants and raves at nearly every Democrat he can get his hands on. Maybe you'd be better off caucusing with us, Hubert? #GOPLeadership

@Sovereign

1) Not crazy at all. My critiques exposed the massive holes in his logic (and I stuck to attacking the idea/argument not the person)

2) Unless can get the GOP to lift their ban on my caucusing with them, it will never happen. Plus, I consider myself a classical liberal, not a conservative or a Trumpian. 

Edited by Shiggy

Calvin Ward:

I believe in the Second Amendment. I firmly believe that Americans have the right to protect themselves or even to hunt. However, I also am horrified by the amount of gun violence we’ve seen over the last few years. When we have people getting shot at work, at leisure, and God forbid, at their elementary school, something must change. I believe that we must have common sense bipartisan gun reform. 

So in other words.....you do believe in the 2nd amendment, but really don't because what you said in the 2nd half completely negates the original statement. #livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

Calvin Ward:

Very simply I’d like to see us make sure that those who shouldn’t have guns don’t.

Turns out.....There are already laws that do that. So my question is....What new laws will do anything more than the existing laws short of taking away everyone's guns? #livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

Calvin Ward:

This would require universal background checks. In private sales, background checks don’t always happen. I believe that a great start to keeping our cities safe. That also means we should keep those on terrorist watch lists from acquiring firearms as well.

I will donate $1,000,000 to Ward's @Calvin Ward campaign if he can came ONE school shooter who got his  gun legally at a shop that would not have passed a background check. Name just one. Every shooter either did not buy his gun legally or DID buy them legally and PASSED every background check.  #livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

Calvin Ward:

Second, i believe we should eliminate bump stocks from markets. Bump stocks create a loophole that turn semi automatic firearms into essentially an automatic. 

For how much you profess to be well versed in guns, you look pretty silly mis-describing how a bump stock works. Actually, Paddock was slowed down by the bump stock because it jammed (which happens easily. secondly, a bump stock does not actually make a semi-automatic weapon into an automatic weapon. Actually, the bump stock slowed Paddock's rate of fire from 14 rounds per second to only 9 rounds per second.  #livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

4 minutes ago, Calvin Ward said:

While not a SCHOOL shooting, Dylan Roof passed a check because the back ground check failed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2015/07/11/us/background-check-flaw-let-dylann-roof-buy-gun-fbi-says.amp.html

@Calvin Ward 

1) I said "school shooting"

2) the failure was on the part of the agents to execute the law....(same as happened in Florida) NOT that the law itself allowed people to buy guns who should not. More laws would not have changed anything if agents still did not do their job correctly.

Image result for you get nothing good day sir  gif

Edited by Shiggy

Rick Sharp

Certainly, Mr. Ward brings up some good points, such as bump stocks,

No.....he didn't. I already debunked his very misleading points above.  #livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

30 minutes ago, Shiggy said:

For how much you profess to be well versed in guns, you look pretty silly mis-describing how a bump stock works. Actually, Paddock was slowed down by the bump stock because it jammed (which happens easily. secondly, a bump stock does not actually make a semi-automatic weapon into an automatic weapon. Actually, the bump stock slowed Paddock's rate of fire from 14 rounds per second to only 9 rounds per second.  #livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

Edited by Shiggy

Rick Sharp

Ward when he says those on terrorist watchlists shouldn't be able to buy a firearm.

Not if it means sidestepping due process by banning someone from buying a weapon because of a terrorist watch-list. It's not like anyone has been mistakenly put on a no fly list because of mistaken identity right? #livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

Edited by Shiggy

Calvin Ward

I’m not buying it. Even still, let’s just focus on the 8% that do get pushed; isn’t it worth it? Dylan Roof bought  .45 Glock pistol dispite confessions to a drug charge because we didn’t take the time. So he talks about the word of a back log, I bet Tywanza Jackson wished we had taken our time. 

Already debunked it.

23 minutes ago, Shiggy said:

@Calvin Ward 

1) I said "school shooting"

2) the failure was on the part of the agents to execute the law....(same as happened in Florida) NOT that the law itself allowed people to buy guns who should not. More background check laws would not have changed anything if agents still did not do their job correctly.

#livetweetCNNdebate #debateguns

Edited by Shiggy

Rick Sharp

The Federal Government has noted in its own studies, that nearly 40 percent of all crime guns are acquired from street level dealers

Calvin Ward

So what about the other 60% Congressman?

1) Stolen weapons, legally bought weapons from people who had no criminal background. 

2) It does not matter. If the argument is that background checks will stop those crimes....then either @Calvin Ward has discovered a minority report way to predict future crimes.....OR......he has to admit that more background checks cannot stop people from getting guns another way or stop people with no criminal history and bad intentions from purchasing a gun legally and using it for a bad end.

Edited by Shiggy

Calvin Ward:

Calls for more determined enforcement of existing gun laws are the most darkly cynical lie in the debate over guns

More of a lie than the blatant misrepresentations about how guns parts work or misrepresenting failures in humans to execute background checks for political reasons?

Image result for gif bitch please