TedderVision
Doomhammer

Coalition to Fight Climate Change Conference

image.png.42a97fc94cc30e5c51d2bb4ee245998a.png

Former Vice President Al Gore (TN) invites any Democrat Senator to speak at the Coalition to Fight Climate Change Conference

The first 3 Democrats to post a response accepting the invitation will be able to post another response that contains a small speech that they will give at this event that promotes pro-environmental policies and ideas related to addressing the problems facing the environment/climate change.  The results will be +2 to that character's Name Recognition and +2 to that character's Charisma.  They will also receive a boost with the Environmentalist demographic. The qualify of their speech will dictate how much their Environmentalist demographic grows.

Please have your official speeches by the end of Friday, 2/15, 11:59 PM

Coalition to Fight Climate Change Conference Welcomes (in no particular order)

Amanda Willenhouse

Paul Kessler

Bobby Newport

Event takes place in Seattle, Washington.

Bobby Newport takes the stage to speak at the Climate change conference,

"Hey everybody I wanted to start by thanking Vice President Al Gore for inviting me here tonight.  Guys this climate change is a really really big threat like I don't know why no one has done more to prevent it, it's scary out of control.  I  personally am against the climate changing and i'm not ashamed to admit it unlike some of the mean people in the Republican party.  In order to try and curb the tide (pun intended) of climate change i'm going to be introducing a bill to double funding for alternative energy and to increase tax credits for electric cars.  Thank you all and good night. "

Paul Kessler is ready to give his speech:

"Hello Seattle! How are you all doing? First, I'd just like to stress how humbled I am to be invited here to speak to all of you and I'd like to thank Vice President Gore for inviting me here. I will be entirely honest, when I first served in the House of Representatives, climate change was never something I had any idea about. But I am internally grateful for my service in government. Otherwise, I might not have learned more about this issue."

"As this country's self proclaimed King of Labor, many people have asked me how I, a Senator who counts many of this country's coal miners amongst his constituents, could possibly support environmental causes, let alone advocate for them. For me, the answer is not even remotely difficult: where there is an industry, there is always a place to organize the workers and yet another front in the grand struggle to fight for the American people."

" Today, the renewable sector of our economy is a vast new untapped frontier, not just for new jobs and technologies, but also for union recruitment."

"Over the next few years, we will be in for many battles. And I will be leading the charge in the new frontier of renewable energy. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, GOOD NIGHT, AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!"

So on this date, both Senator Kessler and Senator Newport showed up to the event late.  Vice President Gore wasn't happy about it and had back up speakers take the primetime spots.   You were able to share your brief talks with some of the guests, but do not benefit from the national exposure/speech opportunity due to the lateness of your arrival.