TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Shiggy

Response to the WR Ban Announcement

I read Conrad's announcement. I will begin by saying that I have the utmost respect for Conrad. We have worked together on the AB and I know that his intentions are genuine. With that being said, I think his characterization of what happened is somewhat misleading. (my opinion. You can agree with it or not).

Obviously, if we refer to the case of Shiggy, which I recently ruled unable to play in the Republican Party due to an ongoing ban - I was in the Republican Party last reset before becoming a member of the administrative board so I can see why (sorry Shiggy) that it's reasonable.

I of course disagree...but we will get to more in depth analysis later on. 

He was often persistently against the party line on multiple issues

A couple of things here. 

1) Conrad said earlier....

Taking up both sides of the argument, I will say that this is a game where we build, play and ultimately act a character and it doesn't seem right that one would be punished for simply doing what the game encourages you to do. 

But then now he is saying that my WR ban is justified because I played the game as a principled conservative who opposed his Trumpian character on tariffs and ignoring the constitution when it came to executive power and congressional power. 

I find this confusing because it contradicts itself. Either a player should not be WR banned simply because he plays a principled character (even if others do not like it or agree with it)....or........they can. 

and even challenged a Republican administration in the Supreme Court. 

Because my character was a principled literal constitutionalist and Fitz's character was doing unconstitutional things. Again......this goes back to whether it is actually meant when ones says that "players should not be punished by a party for playing the game" or not. There seems to be a double standard or a linguistic issue with our definitions of the meaning of "playing the game".  

NOW.....

To  be fair to @TexAgRepublican and the GOP, I did leak some things from the WR. In my defense, I thought Fitz was blocking anyone else from running for POTUS because ever time we reset, he would be president again and then the game would reset. I wanted a chance at running and I did not ever see a chance unless fitz was no longer POTUS. 

On my part, I see why he was mad about that....and for that @TexAgRepublican I truly apologize. I denied it at the time, but I will admit it now. I agree that doing so was beyond just playing a character and I have not intention of playing that way again. I was wrong to do so and I understand why that alone caused you all to loose trust in my as a team player. 

Lastly, 

I want to note again that this is not an angry letter. I am not angry about any of this. I understand that it is their prerogative to ban me. I disagree with some of their reasons and I disagree with some of conrad's assertions,  recollections of what happened and justifications for bans. Even so, I am not angry at anyone. I just wanted to clear the air about some of this since some of this seems to be based on some misinformation, rumor and insinuation more than fact. 

-Shiggy

36 minutes ago, Shiggy said:

Because my character was a principled literal constitutionalist and Fitz's character was doing unconstitutional things.

This was part of the problem. You don't really understand the Constitution, but you tried to lecture everyone else about it. My administration won in court. In fact, I've always won in court. Because I don't do "unconstitutional things".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexAgRepublican said:

This was part of the problem. You don't really understand the Constitution, but you tried to lecture everyone else about it. My administration won in court. In fact, I've always won in court. Because I don't do "unconstitutional things".

Agree to disagree

I disagree with the court's interpretation just as much as you might disagree with their ruling in Roe V Wade or any sane person would disagree with the court's ruling in Plessy V Ferguson. So just because I lost does not mean I must concede that I was wrong any more than other cases where SCOTUS' ruling was wrong...cough cough....Korematsu...cough cough.

5 minutes ago, TexAgRepublican said:

Thank you for finally admitting to this. 

You are welcome. I was being a d**k in order to personally spite you and that was wrong. I am sorry.

54 minutes ago, Shiggy said:

In my defense, I thought Fitz was blocking anyone else from running for POTUS because ever time we reset, he would be president again and then the game would reset. I wanted a chance at running and I did not ever see a chance unless fitz was no longer POTUS. 

I have no idea why you would think this, but unfortunately you're not the first person to peddle this absurd nonsense. I became President in Round 3 when Sov became an admin. I won re-election, the game reset, and I was carried over. I was NOT allowed to run for re-election again in Round 4. In fact, that was your decision. You were an admin at the time. Mac won, and I was his running mate with a different character. The game reset, we carried over again, Mac quit, and I took over. At that point, I was eligible to run again for re-election, and I did so because that's what incumbent presidents have usually done throughout history. I was just "playing the game" as you like to say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiggy said:

On my part, I see why he was mad about that....and for that @TexAgRepublican I truly apologize. I denied it at the time, but I will admit it now. I agree that doing so was beyond just playing a character and I have not intention of playing that way again.

Why would I believe you? I've known you since at least 2012, and this is how you have always behaved. Even in this thread where you're sort of pretending to be conciliatory, you can't help but take veiled shots at people. "They were being unconstitutional" "I thought he wasn't letting anyone else be president" (totally absurd). Like if you're trying to make amends, why even bring that stuff up when you know there's going to be strong disagreement? And this is the problem that I have (and I expressed this to Conrad) with his decision to let your ban expire. You are not going to change. You're going to join the Republicans next round, you're going to be incredibly disruptive and direspectful, you're going to alienate the rest of the party, and you're going to kill the party culture. How do I know this? Because it's what you've done every time I've played with you. Not just on here but going back years ago. 

1 minute ago, TexAgRepublican said:

I was just "playing the game" as you like to say. 

And you were free to do so. I do not dispute that.

It did create a lot of Fitz heavy presidencies which got old. ....In any case...that does not excuse how I leaked and acted like an ass and for that I am truly sorry. It was not worth loosing the GOP's trust.

I don't deny any of that @TexAgRepublican. I acted like an ass many times. I admit it all. What you say is 100% true. I understand why you are skeptical and I understand it will take time to gain back everyone's trust. I spent my time off bettering  myself and changing. Believe it or not...I don't care. I am content playing as a quasi-indi libertarian democrat and minding my own business.

Bottom line,

I am not upset and I don't want anyone else to be upset either. I am not angry and this explanation is not angry at all (I know sometimes its hard to tell tone in written text). I am not trying to convince you of anything. I don't care enough to get mad over this.